As we end our discussion of the power of submission, there are some things we definitely want to remember and apply in our lives:
- God is good. He always acts to move me into position to receive His goodness. His way is the only good way
- God has placed authority in our lives. The whole Kingdom works that way. In the home, on the job, and in the church, He lays out his plan: we live in submission to one another. Each of us has responsibilities and rewards in those relationships.
- When we are in the correct attitude and position, submitting to one another in the fear of God, the Kingdom is advanced and God is glorified.
- Being in correct position allows us to receive the benefits that the God who is Love intends for us.
- When difficulties arise in life, we can endure hardship for His sake, because we know He has our best interests at heart. We can see beyond the problems because His promises are true. As usual, Peter said it better than I can:
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.1 Peter 5:6-11 NKJV
For the print version of today’s lesson, click here.
For the complete list of Healing Help videos click here.