Out of the Abundance of the Heart
Wednesday, November 11, 2012
Building People of Substance for Works of Power
The election is over, Friend, but the Church goes on.
Like many of you, I am pondering the import of last night’s election. Now that it is over, let me be perfectly clear: I think our current president is by far the worst in my lifetime. The erosion of liberty in the last four years has been stunning. That said, the people have burped and we have the same mess on Wednesday that we had on Monday. If you are interested, here are a few random thoughts:
- Our choice was between a life-long cultist leading folks to hell, and a life-long leftist leading folks to hell. From a spiritual standpoint, it was a wash. The great blessing here is that we don’t have to spend four years pretending that Mormons are Christians. At least we know the Muslim Brotherhood is not part of God’s Church.
- When our nation needed greatness we got politics. I remember looking at the field in the first Republican debate and thinking, “Is this the best we have to offer?” It was sad and it got no better. Those who could have led chose to hide. In times of national distress, God can either raise us up a deliverer or deliver us up to judgment. You decide what just happened.
- We prayed. I prayed, you prayed, we all prayed, and I believe God’s will was done. The end of time is coming and Israel will be at its center. The United States will be powerless to help and will have leadership that will be inclined to help the Muslim hordes. Now we pray for Israel and live for Jesus. Politics is over.
- The conflict in the Middle East will quickly become global with Islam seeing American weakness and denial as their opportunity to expand.
- The Church now has the opportunity to provide a clear alternative to the mess in the world. Get over it and get on with it. Our nation’s problems are spiritual, not political. The cart needs to get back behind the horse. Condemning behaviors at the political level divides. Loving sinners at the personal level produces transformation. The hearts of humans are the issue. Preach, lay hands on the sick, cast out devils, and get ready for great revival and great persecution.
- We are the Church of the living God. We are citizens of heaven. We are the just who live by faith. We have nothing but opportunity before us. Let’s grab it!
Somebody Said: I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace. Thomas Paine
Scripture Reading: For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NKJV)
It saddens me to see our nation decline, but it does not change my mandate. We will continue to build people of substance that they may do works of power. If there was ever a time to keep it real through the Word and the Spirit, this is it. As Daddy used to say, “Roll up your sleeves, we got work to do.”
BTW, visit Tony Cooke Ministries website to see our article on addictions posted there.