Saturday, April 15, 2017
Building People of Substance for Works of Power
Jesus is Alive, Friend!
Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. 2Timothy 2:8
It has always been striking to me that Paul had to remind Pastor Timothy to remember that God had raised Jesus from the dead. It is so easy to get bogged down in everyday life, providing for a family, running a church, just doing all the stuff we have to do, that we forget the point. The one thing that all Christians can agree on is that Jesus has been raised from the dead. Let’s put aside all our other debates for one glorious weekend and celebrate! Jesus is Alive!
Because of the resurrection, I know:
· He is the Son of God. Romans 1:4
· I have been born again to a new hope.1 Peter 1:3
· I am in Him and He is in me. John 14:20
· I am right with God. Romans 4:25
· I can live a new life. Romans 6:4
· His life infuses my body. Romans 8:11
· I am not condemned. Romans 8:34
· I am alive and seated with Him. Ephesians 2:5-6
· He is coming to judge the world. Acts 17:31
· He’s coming back to get us. 1 Thessalonians 4:14
Somebody Said: To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Bernhard Langer
Scripture Reading: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NLT)
Without the resurrection, there is no Christian faith. Without faith in the resurrection, no one can become a Christian. It took a miracle to raise Him. It takes the same miracle power to raise us. It’s a good day to rejoice and tell somebody: Jesus is Alive!
Pastor Virgil L. Stokes
Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson
3141 W. Ironwood Hill Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85745