Saturday, April 8, 2017
Building People of Substance for Works of Power
We’re going from faith to faith, Amigos.
It has been my privilege to talk with and pray for many people in need of healing over the last 40 years. I have discovered that folks who “believe in healing,” are generally someplace along a spectrum of faith. Maybe it’s more of a progression of faith. They believe something, but they may not be at the place of receiving their healing. My job is to move them along in the progression. The first step is to get them located. To do this I ask questions, share insight, and listen to what comes out of their mouth. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth tells me what they really believe. The progression of faith for healing goes something like this:
1. I believe in God, who saved me through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. This is saving faith and is “enough” to receive. Many folks doubt that they have “enough.” Romans 10:9-10 / Luke 17:6-7 / Romans 12:3.
2. I believe God can heal. He is powerful enough to do anything. There is no particular disease or condition that is too tough for Him. Jeremiah 32:27
3. I believe God does heal today. He did not stop healing people after the apostolic era. Many have been taught that God only healed until the Bible was compiled. God heals because that is who He is. Exodus 15:26 / Malachi 3:6 / Hebrews 13:8
4. I believe it is the will of God to heal. Many believe He heals some, but not others, and the reasons are a mystery we cannot know. We can see the will of God in the Person of Jesus Christ. He never refused to heal. Mark 1:40-42 / John 14:9 / Acts 10:38
5. I believe it is the will of God to heal me. The transition from the general to the personal is a difficult one for some. Condemnation and feelings of unworthiness impede many from receiving what is already theirs by grace. Luke 1:38 / Romans 5:19-21
6. I believe I am healed. I am not hoping to get healed. I don’t believe He is going to heal me someday. Healing is an accomplished fact, and I have it now. Isaiah 53:4-5 / 1 Peter 2:24 / Mark 11:24
Somebody Said: Feed your faith and starve your doubts. Kenneth E. Hagin
Scripture Reading: We are confident that God listens to us if we ask for anything that has his approval. We know that he listens to our requests. So we know that we already have what we ask him for. (1 John 5:14-15 GW)
Helping people move from a general faith in God to a specific belief in the will of God to heal is the first phase. Helping them to grasp that healing is theirs because of what Jesus accomplished in redemption is the next. The end game is helping them believe that they have it now. What a joy when we get to see the lights come on and faith become sight!
Pastor Virgil L. Stokes
Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson
3141 W. Ironwood Hill Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85745
Our Tuesday Evening services are focused on faith and healing. Check us out at www.fcftucson.org