“Moving Christians from the pew to the harvest.” Matthew 9:36-38
February 5, 2021
It’s time to act like who we are.
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.1 Peter 2:9-10 NKJV
Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.1 Peter 4:9-10 NKJV
2021 is certainly off to a running start. Riots in the capitol. Sabre rattling around the world. Things happening in Washington so fast they make my head spin. Before the year began, the Lord spoke to me to emphasize 2 things in my ministry this year:
- Healing for the sick. The pandemic has brought disease to the place of an obsession around the world. Tales of death and suffering are on every newscast, with most folks blaming the government, then expecting them to help. It ain’t working. This is an opportunity for the churches that believe in healing to stand up and say so.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit and praying in tongues. In our “seeker-sensitive,” politically correct world, many churches have moved the Holy Spirit out of their services, and therefore out of the consciousness of the average church-goer. Whether you know it or not, you can’t just “name it and claim it” when the bible doesn’t promise it. In the case of specific political situations, that is exactly the case. You must pray the prayer of intercession. That means time and the willingness to agonize in the Spirit when no one is watching. (Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 14:2, etc.)
I know I’m preaching to the choir here, so forgive me. But if you’re on this mailing list, then you know me. You probably have either supported us, prayed for us, or at least been acquainted with us over the years. It is no shock that these are two areas the Lord would tell me to emphasize, as they are the two areas in which I have the greatest experience and passion. Since you are part of our circle, I will assume that you are open to healing and the Holy Ghost.
As Spirit-filled, healing-believing people, we have a duty to refresh ourselves in these things. Although there are many wonderful, God-fearing churches around the world, most do not believe in these two areas of ministry. Who is going to pray all night in other tongue if it isn’t us? Who is going to go into areas where sickness rules and lay hands on the sick with the expectation of miraculous results? If not us, then who? We have been granted a tremendous gift. This is not a time to be timid, nor to pretend we are not fully pentecostal (small p) The world needs us. God has gifted us. Now it’s up to us. Let’s do this!
God is still moving. Thank YOU!!!
- IEMFe: We are meeting weekly in planning sessions for the on-site version of Instituto de Entrenamiento Ministerial de Fe in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. As soon as the health official deem it possible, we will be ready to go. I am preparing to do faculty training via Zoom, probably in March or April.
- We continue to meet with a group of pastors in Mexico (and some other places) every other week. We pray together and I share some things on leadership that seem to be bearing much fruit in their lives.
- Mexico City: We are mentoring the staff (3 people) of a church in Mexico City in the IEMFe program. They are almost half-way through the first level. We meet with them biweekly via Zoom. In this process we are developing a replicable method for multiplying our reach through distance learning. So far, so good!
- The Facebook page: IEMFeonline is very active. We are recording and posting “Ayuda para sanar” (Healing Help) video teachings weekly. Check them out. You will also find testimonies from our students and graduates that are really inspiring. This Word is changing lives. Coming soon: Audio teachings from our weekly radio program in Panama. Check out Estereo Vida Darien. 105.1 FM. www.vidaministries.com. https://www.twitch.tv/stereovida .
- I am almost finished with the book on things that hinder healing in believers. You can find the chapters as they are finished at “Healing Help: Filling the holes in our doctrine of divine healing.” I have been getting great feedback from folks who are watching the short videos that are also available at www.pastorvirgil.com
- The men’s book is doing well. Next Saturday I am blessed to attend the meeting of the men’s ministry at Living Faith Christain Center as they begin using the book as their study guide. This is why I did it. This old world needs good men! “Man Alive: Christian Manhood in a Twisted World” is available in paperback and Kindle. I think you will find it unique in the genre. Not just ought to, not just what to, but, thank God, how to.
Don’t forget to check in at www.pastorvirgil.com. I regularly post things there that I believe can be helpful to you. Check it out and follow us. There is one particular button you should click entitled “Real Disciples Study Guide.” If you’ve never been through a basic discipleship course, try this one. If you know someone whose foundations need shoring up, this is the place to go. No kidding, it’s good.
Pray for our ministry:
- Let’s get this virus thing done and back on the road! Pray for open doors to minister on the Holy Spirit and the ministry of healing.
- Help needed: Good help with computer work and social media. Some copy editing for books would be great. All these things can be done online. They don’t have to be in Tucson.
- The Mexico vehicle fund is growing. Lord bring the rest for a reliable vehicle for use in Mexico. We are about to be busy, and I don’t want to be broke down by the road in cartel country!
- I am actively working on three more book projects. I also want to get all our titles into Kindle format. In addition, I want to write three new classes for FMTI. (Our Covenant God; Introduction to the Word of Faith; the Tithe: Purposeful Prosperity) Pray for me to get ‘er done.
Support. You are great! God seems to be determined to keep us busy. He is doing so many good things, it’s almost beyond belief. Financial support can be sent to Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson at the address below or given online at www.fcftucson.org. Make checks payable to FCFT, you can designate for missions or pastorvirgil and it will get where it needs to go. Thanks again.
Don’t forget, we post new stuff every week. You don’t want to miss it. Share it with your friends. You can help by looking at the Pastorvirgil.com Facebook page and hitting follow. Whenever you see a post, share it. This will help us reach more people.
Judy and I are grateful for so many who have stayed with us for so long. Thank you!
Yours in His service,
Virgil and Judy Stokes