“Moving Christians from the pew to the harvest.” Matthew 9:36-38
August 7, 2021
Vision + Values Methods, Friend.
On July 17th, we had the privilege of meeting with pastors and future bible school instructors in Hermosillo. Pastors Martin and Rosa Leal did a great job hosting the event, and we were blessed with a breakfast of tacos de manta from Pastor Gildardo Lamadrid’ s mom. In that meeting we reviewed the vision, values and methods of Instituto de Entrenamiento Ministerial de Fe. We like to ask the questions .”What did the Lord tell us to do, and how are we doing?” I want our students and teachers to think in those terms. Here’s a brief sample:
Every good vision has 3 parts: A mission, a methodology, and a set of values.
- What did He tell us to do?
- What values and priorities guide us in the process?
- How are we organizing to do it?
In the 1980’s, I asked the Lord how we could ever reach the area where we were with so few helpers. The Lord told me to “train your own.” Faith Ministry Training Institute was born (It was Believers Equipment Program in those days) In 1995, as we faced new expansion, He told me to “Get the fannies out of the pews and into the harvest.” We have worked to do exactly that.
We are now on the brink of a new endeavor in Hermosillo. We have brought teams here for the last 20 years, completing 4 complete cycles of our first level classes. Now we want to hand that torch to those whom we have trained. You are going to be faculty in an on-site bible school staffed by IEMFe graduates. As we organize to fulfill that mission, what values guide us?
- Sound doctrine. Christian fundamentals, Word of Faith distinctives, Holy Spirit Power
- Personal contact. Every student has value and giftings.
- The local church. We are here to help the local church, not compete with it.
- Excellence. Building a culture of constant improvement and life-long learning in our leaders and then in our students.
- Adaptability. All our courses and classes will be accessible to regular people, practical for the community we serve, and flexible. Students can begin anywhere in the instruction cycle. Churches can schedule and administrate in ways that fit their needs. Innovation will allow adaptation to changing cultures and circumstances.
- To teach” is an active verb. Webster says, “a: to cause to know something b: to cause to know how c: to accustom to some action or attitude” We keep teaching until they learn. The only way for our students to fail is to quit.
We believe that teaching and mentoring for ministry is more than speaking information into the air. We are imparting inspired wisdom, purpose, attitude, and aptitude to God-created vessels who will move from the audience to the action, from the pew to the harvest.
Thank you for helping us!
- Media team: Our audio for the Facebook Live in Mexico went very well. Thanks to Ivan and Ezequiel and a great assist from Gary Ford (August West Audio Visual). In addition our team is now ready to produce the videos on healing for release in the IEMFe Facebook page. What a blessing!
- Peru: We finished another four week seminar by Zoom. This one was on “The Spirit on the Inside.” It was rich. We are now working to schedule a follow up on the gifts and manifestations of the Spirit. enjoyed Father’s Day at La Senda Antigua with Pastor David Aleman and his crew. Wonderful service, and God showed up to touch lives. We are still hearing testimonies.
- Pastors and Leaders Zoom: Attendance and participation continues to be very good. I see evidence and hear reports that tell me this effort is helping pastors and churches. It has been quite an effort, but worth it.
- Next level teacher training: On August 28th, our Hermosillo pastors and leaders will be taught by Pastora Nelly Maldonado and Pastor John Smith on the subject of preparing to teach an IEMFe class. Both these able ministers are graduates of IEMFe, and do an excellent job of teaching the material. They can share a perspective that I can’t. This will be great! (We expect classes to begin in October if the government and the virus can get their act together.)
- Panamá: The Ayuda Para Sanar radio broadcast continues en Estereo Vida Darién. You should check it out.
- New opportunities: We met by Zoom with pastors in Mexicali and Mexico city. There appear to be new opportunities to implement the IEMFe program in both places. We will be making a visit to Mexicali very soon, and our friend and graduate Pastora Guadalupe Milian Perez is organizing a Zoom connection with new pastors in Mexico City.
- August 8: 10 AM Service at Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson.
- August 15: 10:30 AM Living Faith Christan Center. Tucson
- August 28-29: Teachers training and church services in Hermosillo, Sonora
- September 17, 18, 24, 25: “Life in the Spirit”. IEMFe Level 2. Hermosillo Sonora.
- October 24: 10 AM. Living Water Faith Fellowship. Oneonta, NY.
- October 27: Faith Hope and Love Christian Church. Canajoharie, NY
- October 29: Believers Family Church. Johnstown, NY
- October 31: 10:30 AM. Believers Church at Glenville. Glenville , NY
Please notice: I still have a couple of evenings available in NY, October 24 -30. I’ll be in the Albany-Schenectady area all week.
To keep up with all that is happening with us, please visit our internet outposts at IEMFeonline, www.pastorvirgil.com, and the Pastorvirgil.com Facebook page. You will find materials that will help you to help others. I do my best to post all services that are available online to the Facebook page. Pastorvirgil.com contains reams of printed material to help you and help you to help others. Check it out.
Pray for us:
- Please continue to pray for helpers. God has provided some media help in Mexico! We need some American help with computer work, social media, and general office stuff. They don’t have to be in Tucson.
- Pray for the ongoing preparations for the Bible school in Hermosillo. This is a new method in how we implement IEMFe, so we need wisdom all the way. Stretching is good, right??
- Keep Peru, Cuba, and Mexico, and all Latin America in your prayers, as the virus persists. In addition there is political upheaval in many places. Pray especially for our friends in Cuba in this regard.
Support: You are a great blessing. We appreciate your confidence in us, and I know God appreciates your faithfulness. Thank you! Please send gifts to Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson at the address below or give online at www.fcftucson.org. Make checks payable to FCFT, you can designate for missions or pastorvirgil and it will get where it needs to go. We are constantly amazed at the faithfulness of God and you, His people. Again, thank you.
Yours in His service,
Virgil and Judy Stokes