For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.Ephesians 3:14-21 NKJV
Paul was a man of prayer. He had a passion for the spiritual growth and maturity of those with whom he had relationship. For the church in Ephesus, he penned 2 beautiful prayers, this one, and the one in chapter one. Here he prays some remarkable things. Let’s touch just a few:
- Pray for the family of faith.
- Pray for inner strength. The Holy Spirit on the inside can and will strengthen you with might, no matter what you’re facing. This is one important job of the Holy Spirit in us. Ask him.
- Pray for a deepened experience of the love of God. Here, he prays that they will know the love that is beyond understanding. God’s love for us is far beyond our ability to comprehend with our minds. Paul prayed that they know it by experience and revelation. This leads to their being full to overflowing with the nature of God: filled with all His fullness.
- God is able to do things beyond our ability to ask or even think of. Let Him. Expect it.
- Our purpose in all this is that the church might glorify God in the earth throughout the generations. Ask Him for the privilege of bringing honor to His Name.
As we head to church today, how about we take a minute to pray for our church family? Pray that they be strengthened, that the love of Christ overwhelms them, and that they know they are full of Him. Pray for supernatural, divine provision in their lives to address needs that lie ahead, and for blessings beyond their comprehension. Pray that you and the others in your fellowship bring honor the Name of Jesus Christ in your community.