“Moving Christians from the pew to the harvest.” Matthew 9:36-38
January 6, 2021
It’s gonna be a great year!
2020 is in the record books, and most of us are glad to see it go. However, we did get some things done that will bear fruit in the new year and beyond. Whether you know it or not, whether you like it or not, if you’re a child of God, He has been working on you and in you in this strange season. For the work that lies ahead, you and I are the tools in the hand of the Master. Get ready!
The uproars in the political realm in 2020 left me a bit dismayed. Whether you thought President Trump was God’s man for the hour or the tool of Satan to destroy the nation, you were probably right. Like most of us, he has some good days and some bad days. Confession: I voted for him on the grounds that he is adamantly pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-freedom of speech. Those are my pet issues. You probably have your own. On the other hand, I found him personally entertaining but too often boorish and self-obsessed in his manner. Some of his comments were just plain unseemly. I certainly understand those who couldn’t find it in their hearts to vote for him. I disagree, but I love you.
That being said, here are a couple of post-2020 thoughts:
- Christians, people who believe in the atoning work of Jesus Christ, are supposed to love each other. One lousy commandment! Let’s try it and see what happens. If you wear a mask, I love you. If you don’t, I love you. If you close down your church, I love you. If you have services, I love you. Obey God as He leads you and I will do the same.
- If you’re a Christian, then Jesus Christ is Lord and your allegiance is to Him. Donald Trump is a man. If you trust in him to take care of you, protect you, or save your nation, God is obligated to deal with your idolatry. He may do this by removing the idol. (See previous paragraph: you have to love me.) We are citizens of Heaven, just passing through this temporal world. Invest your energy in eternal things.
- Racism is the default position of fallen man. Allegiance or judgment based on geography, pigmentation, social class, or cultural markers is natural, human thinking which always results in death. You, however, are supernatural. In the mind of God there are now only two families: His and Satan’s. Choose you this day whom you will serve, then act like it.
For 2021 consider setting your mind on things that are above:
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.Colossians 3:1-2 NLT
A few things the Lord put on my heart for 2021:
- Seek spiritual realities. Everything in the natural has roots in the spirit realm. Remember who the enemy is. It’s not your brothers and sisters or those who disagree with you. Fight the battle in the spirit.
- Judge prophesies. I appreciate all the prophetic voices that have proclaimed the will of God for our elections, the formula of God for our pandemic, and the judgment of God on those who disagree. Thank you for sharing. Now, let’s crack open that old Bible and see what it says about such things.
- Pray in tongues. If you’re already Spirit-filled, go back to your closet and pray. If you have yet to receive that blessing, contact us and we will help get you there. Satan is on a mission to dissuade the Church from using and espousing the most powerful gifts available. This is one of two themes the Lord told me to emphasize this year. When was the last time you heard an altar call to receive the baptism with the Spirit?
- For 2021, healing will be on the front burner. The onslaught of the pandemic has put us on notice as to the weakness of human means to thwart the last days plagues. Part of living as the people of God is to learn to believe His written promise and follow His internal leading. These two things will always bring you into health and wholeness.
Remember, everything we see is a reflection of a battle going on in the spirit. The goal of the enemy is always to stop the Gospel and hold people in thrall. Even righteous political causes can be distractions from the more important business of preaching the Gospel and caring for the broken. Lift up your eyes and see the big picture. The following is a prophecy I gave in Peru on November 30, 2019. It mirrors what He told me for 2021:
“Rise up and take your place and let’s get on to the end of the race. Let the Lord use you and do your part. The end time revival is about to start. It’s a revival of power, a revival of love, a revival of peace and the Holy Ghost dove. The revival will come and He wants to use you, if you’ll only step in and do what you do. It’s a revival in the street a revival in the school, a revival on the job and wherever darkness rules. It’s a revival carried out by those without a name of their own. It’s the Name of the Son and His Name alone, that will receive all the credit and endure all the shame, He’s more than able, but He will only do, what the Church that’s His Body will obey Him to do. “
Then just last week: “The days of enduring are about to end and be replaced by the days of overcoming. There’s a difference, and you are it. One person’s dilemma is another person’s opportunity. Which person are you? Make the shift.”
2021 is the year when we get our eyes off the problems and proclaim the answer. In 2021 the goal is revival, not just survival. Let’s do this!
Look what the Lord (with your help) has done!
After a year of incredible challenge, we celebrated the graduation of 22 beautiful students in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. Our team there managed to teach the final 5 classes of the course on “Practical Ministry Skills.” We met weekly on Zoom to strategize, and they implemented. It took real courage, flexibility, and determination to do 6 separate gatherings in 2 different churches, complete with social distancing and masks. They got it done. The grads have spent three years (should have been done in April) taking our first level classes and have completed all 8 courses with homework. They are to be commended.
The city went back into “Red” mode (maximum precautions) for the virus the day after we left. It’s still rough there, but the process continues. The students who are still in process, as well as new students, will be able to attend our on-site bible school beginning as soon as the conditions allow. We are meeting weekly to identify potential faculty, define purpose and plan training for faculty and staff. With you help, we are making a huge difference.
At the graduation one of the pastors shared his gratitude for the program. One thing he said really touched me: “We are so grateful for this teaching. We have learned who we are in Christ and what that means. This enables us to receive the promises in the Word with our faith, to take them as our own.”
Thank you for making this possible.
· The Facebook page is now hosting “Ayuda para sanar” video teachings weekly.
· I am now working to finish the book, “Healing Help: Filling the holes in our doctrine of divine healing.”
The survey results on the subject “What is the Word of Faith?” are in and very interesting. I was encouraged by how many ministers emphasized the importance of the Word of God. My plan is to compile a synopsis to reflect what we think distinguishes us as a faith group, what objections other Christians have raised, and how we can respond in love. This message of faith transformed my life. It has carried us through “many dangers, toils, and snares” as the old song goes. I want to see it preserved and invigorated for a new generation.
· Buy a book. “Man Alive: Christian Manhood in a Twisted World” is available in paperback and Kindle. It will help you even if you’re not a man.
Don’t forget to check in at www.pastorvirgil.com. I post things there several times per week that I believe can be helpful to you. Check it out and follow us. There is one particular button you should click entitled “Real Disciples Study Guide.” If you’ve never been through a basic discipleship course, try this one. I you now someone whose foundations need shoring up, this is the place to go. No kidding, it’s good.
Pray for our ministry:
- Physical health, financial provision, lots of good help with computer work and social media.
- The vehicle fund is growing. Agree with us for the rest we need for a reliable vehicle for use in Mexico. We are about to be busy.
- I have three more book projects in the mill. I also want to get all our titles into Kindle format. In addition, I want to write three new classes for FMTI. (Our Covenant God; Introduction to the Word of Faith; the Tithe: Purposeful Prosperity) Pray for me to get ‘er done.
- Open up ways and doors to get where we need to go. God is able.
Support. You are great! I am so blessed that you have faith in us and continue to support us in prayer and financially. Financial support can be sent to Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson at the address below or given online at www.fcftucson.org. Make checks payable to FCFT, you can designate for missions or pastorvirgil and it will get where it needs to go. Thanks again.
Don’t forget, we post new stuff every week. You don’t want to miss it. Share it with your friends. You can help by looking at the Pastorvirgil.com Facebook page and hitting follow. Whenever you see a post, share it. This will help us reach more people.
Judy and I are so grateful for you! you can’t imagine. You are all precious to us. If we can serve you in any way, please let us know. Thank you!!!!!
Yours in His service,
Virgil and Judy Stokes
3141 W. Ironwood Hill Dr.
Tucson AZ, 85745
One thought on “Update from pastorvirgil.com, 2021 edition”
Reblogged this on Eric Michel Ministries International.