September 4, 2021
How about a little good news?
Thanks to God and the prayers and faithfulness of our great supporters, we have seen some really good stuff this month. If you know me, you know that I am not given to hyperbole. (Hyperbole: obvious and intentional exaggeration.) After this summer, and particularly the Pastors and Teachers meeting this past weekend, it’s apparent that God is doing something quite special in Mexico. The summer has been dedicated to two things: building pastors and leaders in our group, and preparing teachers for a permanent Bible school in the Fall.
The pastors group is doing very well. They are adding new members and the existing member churches have not only survived, but flourished. There is an atmosphere of genuine fellowship. Competition has morphed into cooperation. It’s hard to describe the change, but you can feel it when you walk in. We started 2020 with the best Congreso (convention) that I have had the privilege of attending in many years. That includes in the United States. The pastors planned it, paid for it, and staffed it themselves, and it was quite amazing. When the pandemic hit, we all felt a little disoriented, and as it wore on, we certainly wondered what the future held. All through 2020, the group hung together. We met online for leader’s training, and the IEMFe executive team in Hermosillo managed to finish teaching the first year courses in time for a graduation in December.
We resumed regular travel to Mexico in May of this year, along with continuing online meetings in between. Throughout the summer we have focused on training teachers for the First Level Bible school this Fall. In the process, God has added three new pastors and churches to our Hermosillo group, and 4 other churches via the internet. There is an excitement, an anticipation of what’s to come. The Fall schedule kicks off September 17th with the “Life in the Spirit” 2nd Level course. It’s gonna be good!
Thank you for being a part.
More Good Stuff:
Media team: Videos on healing are being posted every Thursday on the IEMFe Facebook page. The videos are a half hour, with me teaching and Eduardo interpreting, so you don’t have to speak Spanish to watch. Here’s the best part: Jesús Iván and Ezequiel are doing all the processing and posting. In addition, they are curating the new IEMFeonline Instagram posting my daily musings and keeping our followers informed.
And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (2 Timothy 2:2 NKJV)
This last week, our grads have been fulfilling Paul’s words, imparting what they have learned to others. I love seeing the product in action. Here are just a few of our grads doing business for God.
Upper left: 2 pastors from Mexico City suburbs being mentored in the IEMFe material by Pastora Guadalupe Milian Perez.
Upper right: Pastor Nelly Maldonado, Lead Instructor for IEMFe Hermosillo, instructing teachers.
Lower left: John Smith, Pastor FCF Tucson, Director of Faith Ministry Training Institute, instructing new teachers in Hermosillo.
Lower right: Eduardo Andrade, graduate and interpreter, preaching at La Senda Antigua in Hermosillo.
I could go on, but you get the idea. In other news
- Peru: We start a month of Zoom classes on the gifts and manifestations of the Holy Spirit in November.
- Panama: After 2 weeks of technical difficulty due to weather-induced internet issues (not to mention packs of barking dogs), we are producing radio shows again. The Ayuda Para Sanar radio broadcast continues en Estereo Vida Darién.
- Your men’s group needs this book: Because our world needs godly men, now! Check it out: Man Alive: Christian Manhood in a Twisted World.
- September 17, 18, 24, 25: “Life in the Spirit”. IEMFe Level 2. Hermosillo Sonora.
- October 24: 10 AM. Living Water Faith Fellowship. Oneonta, NY.
- October 26: Faith Hope and Love Christian Church. Canajoharie, NY
- October 27: Thousand Islands Christian Church. Plessis, NY.
- October 29: Believers Family Church. Johnstown, NY
- October 31: 10:30 AM. Believers Church at Glenville. Glenville , NY
- November 3, 10, 17, 24. Facebook Live: FCF PERÚ: Iglesia “Eben-ezer”
To keep up with all that is happening with us, please visit our internet outposts at IEMFeonline, www.pastorvirgil.com, and the Pastorvirgil.com Facebook page. You will find materials that will help you to help others. I do my best to post all services that are available online to the Facebook page. Pastorvirgil.com contains reams of printed material to help you and help you to help others. Check it out.
Pray for us:
- Please continue to pray for helpers. God has provided some media help in Mexico! We still need some American help with computer work, social media, and general office stuff.
- Pray for the ongoing preparations for the Bible school in Hermosillo.
- Pray for me as I am on the go a lot until November. My youth is renewed like the eagle.
Support: You are a great blessing. Thank you! Your faithfulness makes it possible to get the Word to places that desperately need it. Please send gifts to Faith Christian Fellowship of Tucson at the address below or give online at www.fcftucson.org. Make checks payable to FCFT, you can designate for missions or pastorvirgil and it will get where it needs to go. Judy and I are humbled by the faithfulness of God and the friends He has given us. Again, thank you.
Yours in His service,
Virgil and Judy Stokes