Friday, December 3, 2010
Building People of Substance for Works of Power
Merry Christmas, me and tobie!
Someone sent me a YouTube link the other day of a video called
Just a few thoughts for those of us looking to pull back from the American dream as consumer gluttony back to the American vision as liberty, love, and opportunity in a God-fearing land:
1. Be a blessing to someone else: dollar for dollar. Matching funds for Jesus.
2. Buy 2-fers on sale for the local food bank: One for Him, one for me.
3. Teach your kids to give. Sit down with them and make a Christmas list for others before you look at theirs.
4. Attach a moral to each gift you give them: they need to learn the wisdom of God. Give gifts with stories attached.
5. Give something extra to a mission, at home or abroad. The world is in line to see Jesus.
Scripture Reading: All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. (1 Corinthians 12:27 NLT)
Somebody Said Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. Calvin Coolidge
I am convinced the world would line up to see Jesus if we could just reflect enough of Him to be visible. The gold of the Magi paid for a family of three to move to Egypt and thus protect the infant Messiah: What will your gifts finance this year?