New Year’s Eve 2022
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV
for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,Philippians 1:19 ESV
2022 has been quite a ride, and I want to get a head start so we can have all God wants for us in 2023. I have always believed that the two theories of what happens in the church at the last days are both true. One bunch says there will be a great falling away, while the other says that there will be a great harvest of souls, revival even. Both are happening. In service of the revival and as a prophylactic against the falling away, let’s usher in 2023 on a tide of prayer.
- Pray for our political leaders.
- Pray for all of them to have God’s direction. You pray for your local and state folks, and also your representatives in the U.S. Congress by name.
- Also, for those of you that can, join me in praying for President Biden, that he will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. My heart hurts to see the lostness of his life and family, and the impact that condition has on the world. Turn His heart, Lord!
- Let’s Pray for pastors. Specifically, pray for your pastor, then pick one other pastor that you know and pray for them. Paul had some specific requests to be prayed for him:
- Romans 15:30-32. Deliverance from unbelievers and good ministry to the saints.
- Ephesians 6:19. Inspiration and boldness in preaching.
- Colossians 4:3-4. Open doors and clear, accurate preaching.
- 1 Thessalonians 3:1-3. Protection from wicked men and effective proclamation of the Word.
- Hebrews 13:18-19. Grace to live right and have good fellowship with the saints.
- For the church in general to:
- Get back to church. Many have not returned from the pandemic lockdowns. Watching TV is not fellowship. The enemy is trying to isolate. I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict and consolidate. Come home!!!
- Be financially faithful. The enemy has turned up the heat on giving by Christians. By using extravagance and covetousness in a few preachers, Satan has scared people away from the “prosperity Gospel.” Well, the Word still works in finances, including the tithe, but the devil wants us back in the bondage of poverty.
- Have courage to stand. The persecution has finally begun here in the U.S.A. We will need each other and the power of the Spirit to stay loving and reach into a culture that hates us.
- Grace to find and follow those who teach the Word. Wisdom to judge prophetic utterances. There are many voices speaking and not all are speaking truth. Stay on the Word!
- Love one another. That’s the only commandment. Let’s give it a try.
And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.1 John 3:23 NKJV
Happy New Year!!!